“Break for a little while is the best therapy to release the stress and calm your mind”.
Can your car, mobile or any of your favorite machine work continuously for a day? Or For 8-10 hours?
Subsequently Can you force your mobile to work without battery? or Can you force your vehicle to run without petrol or gas?
Apparently, the answer is a big NO.
Then why do you do this to yourself? Because you’re too busy and with the flow.
Accept it that Everyone needs a break. In fact, it is a necessity for we humans.
Why should you take a break?
- A new study proves that people who take breaks have more stamina and are more productive.
- Research says It is ideal to take break before the exhaustion occurs as it prevents headaches, eye strain and back pain.
- You can solve problems in shorter period if you rest and rejuvenate.
- Employees feel motivated and are energized at work after returning from vacation.
- Working in the same flow without break makes you less creative.
- Break to re-valuate your path which directs towards your goals.
How to Utilize your break in a right way?
People do take break but here you need to re-think the quality of your breaks.
Break time is a time you unplug yourself from the current task and re-energize yourself.
- Lunch time is a time you restore yourself. But if you sit with your colleagues and discuss your work or office related issues, you are not on break.
- Sleep after office hours is the time when your mind, body and soul rests. Make sure that you exercise not only your body but your mind (through meditation) as well to calm yourself for better sleep.
- Self-improvement is the thing people forget to think and work on during breaks. It is the perfect time to know yourself and improve yourself for greater achievements.
- Living your hobbies makes you feel content, confident and indirectly more productive to your work. So, do what you really love during your breaks.
- Watching TV or working on some personal task is also not a break. It’s OK sometimes to relax and do nothing.
Not taking a break is like a punishment that you give to yourself.