Depression and anxiety are the serious issues faced in society. It is said ‘When you are depressed you don’t control your thoughts, your thoughts control you.’ This is very well understood by the results of the game called “Blue Whale Challenge a Suicidal Game”.
This game has led to many suicidal deaths all over the world.
This article is to make you aware of the game and its consequences to ensure safety of your loved ones because Life is Beautiful with your loved ones.
“Blue Whale suicide game “, is an internet game which exist in more than 19 countries which include USA and India as well. The game assigns a series of tasks to players by administrators during a 50-day period, with the final challenge of committing suicide.
It began in Russia in 2013 with “F57”, on VKontakte social network, and allegedly caused its first suicide in 2015. Philipp Budeikin, a former psychology student who was restricted from his university, claimed that he invented the game.
Also note that this game is not downloadable, application or any software It is a social media phenomenon which enters social media networks from secretive groups.
Below are the challenges which users has to accept after accessing this game which gets tougher with each day passing and duration to complete all task is 50 days.
- Carve a specific phrase on the person’s own hand or arm.
- Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and watch a scary video (sent by the curator.)
- Make lengthwise cuts on the person’s own arm.
- Draw a whale on a piece of paper
- Write “yes” on the person’s own leg if ready to be a whale. Otherwise, they should cut themselves multiple times.
- Secret task (written in code.)
- Scratch (a message) on the person’s own arm.
- Write a status online about being a whale.
- Overcome a fear.
- Get up at 4:20 and go to the roof.
- Carve a whale on the person’s own hand.
- Watch scary videos all day.
- Listen to music the “curator” sends.
- Cut your lip.
- Poke the person’s own arm/hand with a needle.
- Make yourself hurt or sick.
- Go to a roof and stand on the edge.
- Stand on a bridge.
- Climb a crane.
- At this step, the “curator” somehow checks to see if the participant is trustworthy.
- Talk with a “whale” on Skype.
- Sit down on a roof with legs dangling over the edge.
- Another job that is in code.
- A secret mission
- Meet with a “whale”.
- The “curator” assigns a date that the person will die.
- Visit a railroad.
- Do not talk with anyone all day.
- Give an oath/vow about being a whale
- After these steps, steps 30-49 involve watching horror movies and listening to music that the curator picks, talking to a whale, and making cuts.
- The last task is jumping off a building.
Government of India has directed several Internet companies to remove links which direct users to the game. But it is available in other names as well. So If you report any unusual behavior of a person around you it’s time for you to act and save them.